After publishing his first book in 2013, Daddy Everyday: Rewriting the Black American Dad Story (First Edition), Delonso Barnes entered the arena of public speaking and mentorship. Through his efforts, Barnes discovered that he has a passion for fatherhood— coming from the love and dedication he has for his own boys. The success of Daddy Everyday has inspired Barnes to form the non-profit organization Daddy Everyday Inc. Through this new entrepreneurial path; Barnes has fostered a fatherhood outreach program based in McDonough, Georgia. Daddy Everyday Inc. provides helpful advice for parents, empowering them with the necessary resources to help fathers to engage in family strengthening events & activities. Among Barnes’ areas of focus include encouraging parents and students alike to support schools and educators— teaching fathers to become proactive in their children’s education.
This questionnaire will be used to develop empowering events and resources to assist the parents of Georgia.
Schools, libraries, businesses and nonprofits, let's partner up to improve our communities.
Empowering Families, Communities, One Dad At A Time.
Make a single or monthly donation directly from your bank account, credit card, or Paypal.
We have a dozen empowering workshops and family-themed events we want to bring to schools, libraries and communities throughout Georgia.
Visit DaddyEverydayShop.com to see the books we published, that has already started changing lives. Also coming in 2019, a mobile app for dads, fatherhood podcast, a more informative version of this website and much, much more. Contact us if you want a copy of Daddy Everyday Inc. 2019 Mission Plan.
Daddy Everyday Inc. is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit fatherhood program based in McDonough, Georgia with plans on serving all fathers nationwide. Our mission is to improve the well-being of families and communities through empowering fathers by equipping them with the tools and resources need to positively impact their children and community..
Encouraging Our Children
Engaging Our Communities
The following are our four objectives for the first quarter of 2019. Phase 1, if you will.
1. One thousand. That is the number of responses we are seeking to our Georgia Moms and Dads Questionnaire (link for questionnaire below).
2. Secure $50,000 in funding for our organization. Funding will come via donation, sponsorship of projects and sales of our books and eventually our apparel. Yes, Daddy Everyday has apparel coming.
3. We are looking to develop 25 partnerships with schools, libraries and organizations throughout Georgia.
4. Create brand awareness. We know our mission will change lives and improve communities. Spread the word.
What is Fatherlessness? Textbook definition, state of being fatherless. Daddy Everyday’s interpretation, missing father figure model in everyday life. Millions of children across the United States are living lives with little to no positive father figure models. Children, especially young children need to see and interact with these father figures to formulate their idea of what a positive father is and should be.
The Fatherlessness Impact
1. 7 Times more likely to become pregnant as a teen 2. 90% of homeless and runaway children
3. 85% of all mouths in prison 4. 71% of all high school dropouts 5. 85% of children with behavior disorders
6. 63% of youth suicides 7. More likely to live in poverty as an adult *U.S. Census Bureau Data 2011
The Daddy Everyday's Solution To Ending Fatherlessness
1. Empower and encourage fathers with the resources needed to be the fathers their children need and the leaders their community want. Resources includes workshops, books, legal aide, worksheets, videos, etc…
2. Create and host events for fathers to engage children and the community. Events such as neighborhood cleanup, Hi 5 (bus arrival), Dinner by/with Dad, Family Game Night, Lunch Monitor/Buddy and half a dozen more.
3. Fundraising for Families by partnering with churches and other nonprofits to raise funds that benefit families in need. Using our products such as books, wristbands and clothing apparel.